CHIEF COMMUNICATIONS OFFICER
The Chief Communications Officer works with Museum leadership to put forward a clear vision for communications in the service of guiding, refining and successfully conveying the Whitney’s overall institutional vision.
This is an opportunity for a multi-channel communicator to skillfully translate complex and often challenging ideas and concepts into articulate and compelling stories for both general audiences and sophisticated art world insiders.
The CCO reports to the Chief Operating Officer, and works closely with the Whitney’s Director, Chief Curator, and others responsible for creative content and program development. The CCO leads a team of 11 in Museum Communications and Public Relations, Digital Communications and Graphic Design as well as several external consultants.
- Significant senior-level communications experience, either in-house or at an external agency, with demonstrated expertise in creative and/or iconic brands; and multi-channel communications
- Proven ability to develop and articulate a vision for a leading brand
- Fluent in digital communication, with expertise across digital and social platforms
- Creative, inventive thinker
- Exceptional storytelling, presentation, and writing skills
- Entrepreneurial mindset
- Collaborative team player
- Strong ability to work in both creative and goal-driven environments
- Tech savvy and comfortable with performance metrics
- Ability to manage, motivate, inspire, and advocate for a team
- Warm, engaging style
- Impeccable integrity
- Passion for the mission—a keen interest in contemporary arts and cultures
How to Apply
Please send resume, cover letter, and salary requirements to firstname.lastname@example.org and state “Chief Communications Officer” in the subject line.