Manager, Membership and Direct Marketing
The Manager, Membership and Direct Marketing will own and execute all aspects of the Whitney’s direct marketing program for membership—this includes renewal, reinstatement and new join campaigns.
Campaign channels include: direct mail, email, phone, paid, and other tactics as needed. The Manager will monitor campaign KPIs and revenue targets for membership as well as how these campaigns drive incremental ticket sales. The Manager will lead a robust A/B testing program across all channels with an emphasis on continuous learning and rapid iteration. Additionally, they will provide timely campaign reporting and monitor monthly metrics for department. This position will provide input and analytical support for strategic recommendations in order to meet revenue goals.
- Responsible for all acquisition, renewal, reinstatement, and upgrade campaigns from ideation to execution inclusive of segmentation and data quality
- Lead on development and execution of email marketing campaigns
- Evaluate and report on performance of each campaign and segment using relevant KPIs such as cost to acquire, return on investment, average gift, and response rate
- Execute digital marketing efforts for the membership department
- Lead a robust A/B testing program for membership direct marketing
- Report on revenue, trends, retention rates, member counts, and other relevant metrics monthly
- Develop annual revenue projections for all direct mail campaigns and implement creative strategies informed by data analysis to strengthen solicitation performance. Ensure effective tracking of performance (e.g. using source codes and matchback attribution processes)
- Bachelor’s Degree
- 3-5 years of work experience; 2+ years direct experience (e.g. running campaigns, reporting on KPIs, running A/B tests, structuring analysis, etc)
- Prior experience running end to end marketing campaigns, inclusive of a full suite of direct marketing tactics
- Strong background in structuring and executing analysis
- Prior experience with subscriptions or membership program desired but not required
Specific knowledge, ability and/or skills:
- Excellent knowledge of MS Excel and prior experience working with large data sets and CRM
- Strong analytical and modeling skills
- Extensive experience working with email service provider(s)
- Knowledge of Google Analytics
- Prior experience working with Tableau and Raisers Edge preferred but not required
- Knowledge of full suite of direct marketing tactics and digital marketing landscape
How to Apply
Please send resume, cover letter, and salary requirements to email@example.com and state “Manager, Membership and Direct Marketing” in the subject line.