Visitor Services Assistant,
The Whitney Museum of American Art seeks engaging individuals to join the Visitor Services team and create a welcoming environment for all visitors. As part of the Visitor Experience team, Visitor Services Assistants (VSAs) create a positive and welcoming environment for visitors, contributing to the culture of genuine service. The position demands high levels of energy, constant attentiveness to the needs of visitors, and pride in representing the Museum.
- Full-time schedule: 5 days per week; 28-35 hours per week
- Weekends and holidays required, early and evening hours are often requested
- Required orientation February 20, 2018, 10am – 5:30pm
Key responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Maintain friendly and professional manner with the Museums’ visitors and staff
- Provide support for other areas in the Visitor Experience Division – Group Sales, Volunteer, Retail, Security, and Community Affairs departments.
- Team leader in one or more of the following areas within Visitor Services – Check-In, Operations, Phone and Information, Performance, Data, Group Support
- Process all transactions for the Museum on Siriusware (Point of Sales ticketing system)
- Work in partnership with Membership to increase museum revenue with membership sales and annual fund requests
- Assist with the daily preparation and maintenance of the lobby and galleries including restocking brochures, changing signage etc., as needed.
- Providing information to visitors in a friendly and professional manner
- Distributing multimedia players
- A minimum of 1-2 years of customer service experience in a retail environment
- Friendly, outgoing and professional attitude
- Interest in public facing customer service interactions
- Excellent communication and listening skills
- Ability to develop customer relations
- Strong sales experience and cash handling skills
- Ability to stand for long periods of time
- Previous POS experience
- Working knowledge of a Microsoft Office Suite or comparable software
- Interest in arts and cultural a plus
How to Apply
Follow the link below to answer questions and upload the materials.