Where We Are
Audio Guide Playlist
Mark Joshua Epstein: Welcome to Where We Are, an exhibition of works from the Whitney’s permanent collection. My name is Mark Joshua Epstein, and I’m an Educator here at the Whitney. Today, we’ll be exploring this exhibition with students from PS 3 in Manhattan, and PS 146, Brooklyn New School. We’ll look at a few works in each gallery.
As we go through the exhibition, we’ll focus on a few specific works. You might want to compare them to the art on view nearby. As you do, you’ll notice that each room has a different theme. There are galleries focused on the home, family, work, nationhood, and spirituality.
Thanks for joining me, and enjoy your visit today!
- 700 Where We Are, Introduction
- 701 Jacob Lawrence, War Series, 1946-47
- 702 Georgia O'Keeffe, Music, Pink and Blue No. 2, 1918
- 711 Jay DeFeo, The Eyes, 1958
- 714 Clyfford Still, Untitled, 1956
- 720 Roy Lichtenstein, Bathroom, 1961
- 722 Edward Hopper, New York Interior, c. 1921
- 733 Kids audio guide for Charles Henry Alston, The Family, 1955
- 734 Louise Bourgeois, Quarantania, 1941
- 741 Kids audio guide for Elsie Driggs, Pittsburgh, 1927
- 742 Elizabeth Catlett, The Black Woman, 1946-47, printed 1989
- 750 Jasper Johns, Three Flags, 1958
- 751 Isamu Noguchi, Humpty Dumpty, 1946
- 752 Edward Hopper, Early Sunday Morning, 1930