Guided by Museum educators, tours for K-12 school groups use works of art in the Whitney’s collection and exhibitions to create a forum for ideas, debate, and exchange. Choose a Guided Visit or add on a Studio Art Workshop.
Submit a reservation request at least one month in advance.
- One-hour and ten-minute-long thematic gallery tour that builds upon classroom learning
- Whitney educators introduce students to three to five works of art through discussions and activities that incorporate the artists’ voice and process
- Educators engage students in exploring works of art through careful observation and discussion; helping them discover, observe, question, and understand the artistic process
- Tours are tailored to meet the curricular needs and interests of participating school groups, and can focus on the collection or on temporary exhibitions
- Size: sixty students is the maximum number allowed to enter at one time; no more than four adults per group of twenty students
NYC Public Schools:
NYC Private Schools:
$225 per group of 20 students
$335 (21-40 students)
$445 (41-60 students)
Outside NYC Schools:
$250 per group of 20 students
Free Guided Student Visits for New York City Public and Charter Schools are endowed by The Allen and Kelli Questrom Foundation.
Guided Visit + Studio Art Workshops
- One-hour and ten-minute Guided Visit, plus a one-hour art-making workshop in the Hearst Artspace that explores materials and experiments with artistic processes
- Visits are offered twice daily, from 10:15 am to 12:45 pm and from 12:45 pm to 2:55 pm
- Size: a maximum of thirty students may be scheduled for this program. No more than four adults per group of fifteen students.
NYC Title 1 Public Schools:
NYC Non-Title 1 Public Schools:
All Other Schools:
The main entrance of the Museum is accessible with elevator access to all floors. All gender restrooms are available on floors -1, 3, 5, and 8. Service animals welcome. Please come fragrance free. If you have questions about accessibility, or requests for accommodations, please email firstname.lastname@example.org or call (646) 666-5574 (relay calls welcome). Learn more about access services.